Kelly M. Dougherty
Direct Dial: 612-455-0504
Kelly M. Dougherty represents clients in business, commercial litigation, and employment law matters. She is also building her practice in entertainment and copyright law.
Kelly is committed to performing high quality legal work and exceeding client expectations. She enjoys counseling clients through all aspects of business and employment disputes. She has experience handling a variety of commercial litigation matters, including disputes over non-compete agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, sales representatives, unpaid commissions, wage and hour violations, minority shareholder rights, and severance agreements.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate attorney, Kelly worked for it as a law clerk. Kelly was previously employed by The Spence Law Firm as a law clerk focusing on entertainment law issues.
Kelly volunteers her time and provides legal advice to low income clients through the Volunteer Lawyer Network’s Hennepin County District Court self-help center.
Prior to law school, Kelly studied in Nashville, Tennessee, where she completed a BBA in Music Business and Sound Engineering. She worked for Word Entertainment in the Production Department and found she had an interest in music and copyright law, which started her path to becoming an attorney. She has a special interest in representing musicians and creative professionals in their business, copyright, and contract matters.
In her spare time, Kelly enjoys bicycling, camping, listening to music, attending concerts, and traveling.
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Shareholder Disputes
- Severance Agreements
- Trademark & Copyright
- Belmont University, B.B.A. (2007) magna cum laude
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. (2011) cum laude
- William Mitchell Law Review Assistant Editor
- Cybaris™ Intellectual Property Law Review Editor
- Cardozo/BMI Moot Court Competition (2011)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Member
- Dean’s List (2003-2007)
- Minnesota Supreme Court (2011)
- District of Minnesota (2012)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- MSBA Arts & Entertainment Board (2012-2014)
- HCBA Art & the Bar Committee (2013-2014)