1/1/2012 Trepanier & MacGillis P.A. Initial Legal Consultation Policy
Trepanier & MacGillis P.A. law firm charges an initial $400 consultation fee covering up to two (2) hours of legal consultation for new clients.
Our Initial Legal Consultation Policy works as follows:
1. You must complete a questionnaire describing your legal issue and identifying all adverse parties.
2. We will contact you to schedule the initial consultation with one of our attorneys. The consultation can be handled by phone or in-person at our offices in downtown Minneapolis.
3. You must sign and agree to the terms of this Initial Legal Consultation Policy and pay the $400 fee via credit card prior to the consultation. The fee will become earned once the initial consultation is completed. This fee will not be held in a trust account until earned, and it will become the Firm’s property subject to refund. You will be entitled to a refund of all or a portion of the fee if the agreed-upon legal services are not provided.
4. This Agreement is subject to the acceptance of Trepanier & MacGillis P.A. For example, we may decline to accept you as a client if your legal problem does not fit into our practice areas. Do not send any confidential information or documents about your case until we accept the representation.
5. The information that you provide to us after we have cleared all ethical conflicts of interest and scheduled your consultation will be considered confidential under the attorney-client privilege.
6. If we accept your case, we will spend up to two (2) hours reviewing your facts and documents, giving you advice about your options and strategies, providing an opinion of your legal situation, and attempting to answer your initial legal questions.
7. If the consultation extends beyond two (2) hours or you request additional legal work:
a. You agree to pay for the extra time spent at our standard hourly rates (currently $150 - $300 for attorneys and $75 - $120 for law clerks and legal assistants) plus all out-of-pocket expenses.
b. You may be required to sign a separate Legal Services Agreement summarizing any additional or different terms.
8. The $400 fee does not include legal research, out-of-office contacts, phone calls, letter drafting, document preparation, or appearances before any court, arbitrator, tribunal, or agency.
9. Either you or Trepanier & MacGillis P.A. may terminate the attorney-client relationship for any reason by providing written notice to the other party.
The Minnesota attorneys of Trepanier & MacGillis P.A. law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota provide initial legal consultations for new clients in the areas of corporate law, business law, incorporation, S-Corporations, LLCs, contracts, commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, minority shareholder rights, employment law, employment litigation, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, trade secrets, sales representatives, unpaid wages, unpaid commissions, drug and alcohol testing, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowers, employment separation agreements, and separation packages. Contact one of our Minnesota lawyers today to receive your initial flat fee legal consultation with one of our Minnesota attorneys. The consultation will be provided by Craig W. Trepanier, James C. MacGillis, Michael L. McCain, Jessica N. Hofrichter, Kelly M. Fiege, or another attorney of Trepanier & MacGillis P.A.