Nicholas N. Sperling
Direct Dial: 612.455.6241
Nick represents corporate and individual clients in all aspects of business law, employment law, commercial litigation, and information technology and licensing.
In his practice, Nick focuses on the each client’s goals and tailors his approach to achieve the best and most efficient outcome, working alongside his clients to resolve issues outside of the courtroom in settlement negotiations, mediation or arbitration; and serving as their zealous advocate in the courtroom. Nick has experience litigating a wide range of matters in state and federal court, representing clients in shareholder dispute, breach of contract, employment and real estate matters. Nick also regularly negotiates IT and software licensing agreements, as well as severance and employment contracts. He is licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.S. District Courts for the District of Minnesota and the Western District of Wisconsin.
In addition to his private practice, Nick is an active board member on the board of directors for Reach Out and Read Minnesota, a nonprofit organization focused on early childhood literacy and closing the achievement gap in Minnesota communities. Nick is also a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, Wisconsin Bar Association, participating in the Business Law Sections for both Minnesota and Wisconsin Bars and the Technology Law Section for the Minnesota State Bar Association. Prior to joining the firm as an associate attorney, Nick spent four years as an associate attorney at a mid-sized Minneapolis law firm where he oversaw the firm’s small business and IT practice group. Prior to that Nick worked for a legal technology company writing and editing articles tailored to business and litigation practitioners. Nick has been named a North Star Lawyer for 2016 and 2017.
Nick lives in St. Paul and enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He often can be found on the Twin Cities running and biking trails in his free time.
- Corporate Law
- Business Acquisitions
- Business Startups
- Trademark & Copyright
- Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Defamation and Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- University of Minnesota – Duluth, B.A.S. (2003)
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D. (2010)
- MSBA Northstar Lawyer 2016-2017
- Minnesota Supreme Court (2010)
- Wisconsin Supreme Court (2011)
- District of Minnesota (2015)
- Western District of Wisconsin (2019)
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- National Arbitration and Mediation (“NAM”)
- Minnesota Board of Dentistry
- American Arbitration Association (“AAA”)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Computer and Technology Law Section
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Business Law Section