TMB shareholders Craig W. Trepanier and V. John Ella will present an educational webinar for Minnesota CLE on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 on the topic of “Contracts: Anatomy of an Employment Agreement” from noon to 1:30 pm. This presentation looks at the key aspects involved in the drafting of employment agreements and independent contractor agreements from the standpoint of the employer, utilizing model contracts for context and discussion. Topics include:
- When you should not have an agreement for at-will employees
- Restrictive covenants
- Common mistakes that lead to costly litigation
- What is an independent contractor?
- Key aspects of independent contractor agreements
- Negotiating contracts with staffing companies
Craig and John were asked to reprise this presentation after speaking on the same topic for Minnesota CLE in 2016. Interested attorneys can sign up at the Minnesota CLE website.